Winterize Your Beverage Center

The weather is turning – and in some parts of the country, has turned and reared its beautiful (or ugly, if that is your perspective) head once or twice already. Days like these mean one thing:  It is time to winterize your beverage center!

Let’s go over some ideas…

When I designed my kitchen, I knew I wanted a designated area that was for beverages. Keeping in mind I only had a certain amount of space I could work with, I knew that I would have to change it out season by season as I couldn’t keep all of our beverages, equipment and accessories all in one place year- round.

(insert “apology for poor photos/bad lighting” here.)

Anyway, this space is high traffic in our home.  Everyone in our family is here throughout the day, from morning until bedtime, whether it be making a morning pick-me-up, grabbing waters and sports drinks on the way out the door or relaxing in the evening with something to drink.

It was time to put away some of the lingering warm weather options like lemonade mix and other summer mixers and get out the comfort potions and packets. 21-and-over specialty items are kept in a different location upstairs.

Suggested Items To Winterize Your Beverage Center:

• Lots of to-go cups and lids
    • Variety of hot chocolates, cider, teas, etc…
    • Stir sticks
    • Sugar
    • Straws
    • Creamers
    • Flavored syrups
    • Mugs
    • Water bottles
    • Rabbit ears or cork screw
    • Bottle opener
    • Miscellaneous
 Pile on the marshmallows for the, uh, “kids.”
I love our moose bottle opener that we got in Montana years ago.
 Gotta have some biscotti to take with you :)

So…don’t have a designated beverage center?  No big deal.  We all have to compromise and use the space we have the most efficient way possible based on the needs of our families. However, this is the time of year when we are putting on our best-host hats and want to make our guests as comfortable as possible, whether they are here for just a few hours, or a week, or longer.  So, in lieu of a permanent space, think about creating a temporary one.

Do you have a cabinet in your kitchen that is storing things that you won’t use for the next 8 weeks?  If so, clear it out and stock it up.

How about an entry table, buffet or shelf?  Find a tray, crate or basket and fill it with items from my list or your own list.  Focus on the presentation and who it is you will be serving.  Make it extra special with some cinnamon sticks as a replacement for regular stir sticks.  Just think about creating an inviting space for you and your guests.  If it is a brunch you are hosting, add juices.  If it is an evening event, fill it with cocktail or non-alcoholic treats.  The possibilities are endless.  The key is to designate a space and welcome your guests with free access to comfort and relaxation.

ENJOY your beverage and ENJOY your guests!

I had two features today!

Beth at Home Stories A To Z chose Joey’s headboard as one of her favorites of the week.

Kammy at Kammy’s Korner highlighted Adel as one of her top picks!

Much thanks to both! The validation is really appreciated.

Finally, my BLOGROLL page is now up to date.  Check it out!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share/Bookmark

Comments

1. Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic says:

How cute and fun! I love your organization method. This makes me want to grab more hot tea and curl up under a blanket with a book.

2. Joyce - Quilted Nest says:

I was just think I should create a beverage station – but you have created an amazing one. Love your containers.

3. This looks so amazing. I don't think I have the space for something like this – but I can dream ;) or just make a smaller version!
    Ashlyn

4. Kammy Wielenga says:

If only I HAD a beverage center…. I would do this. :)

5. Dumpster Diva says:

NEAT IDEA! Please feel free to share over at my Linky Party #3! I would be honored! I welcome great ideas and everyone is invited to join!

6. Natasha in Oz says:

Wow, your beverage area is amazing! I would love to have a dedicated area for beverages but I just don't have the room. I'm definitely going to add a tray with some treats like you have done though.

I love this post-thank you!

Best wishes,
    Natasha.

7. Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com says:

Wow! What an amazing beverage station! I am so impressed and happy to be a new follower.

8. I really need to take some tips from you and do this for my hubby. He would love it. I love how organized it is – and pretty!

9. mapleandmagnolia.com says:

Man is that area of your kitchen awesome! I love it. And SO organized! I'm getting ready to do our hot beverage station now that the weather has turned cold! Great job.

10. When it got cool a few weeks ago I filled kitchen canisters with cocoa and marshmallows also – seemed like a fun idea! I love the biscotti bucket, I might have to steal that one!

11. I'm astounded that you have so many disposable single serve items in your home – I always associate them with work! Do you take away hot beverages often?

12. Hydrangeas and Harmony says:

The jarred marshmallows and hot cocoa look so inviting. I'd be stopping there throughout the day too!

13. Jo's This and That says:

I love what you did! If I build a new house,I put this in ! Great idea! JoAnn

14. ohmy what a very organized drink station when can I come over?
    Would luv for my readers to discover your blog, will you please join our weekly party at
    have a great crafting week!
    Maggie

15. Designing Lady Jane says:

What a cute idea for a beverage stand. Great use for a small space.

16. laura@imnotatrophywife.com says:

this is great! newest follower!

laura@imnotatrophywife.com

17. Lindsay M. says:

I absolutley LOVE the idea of a beverage station! You've inspired me-I want to go out right now & buy lots of fun teas, cocoas, ciders, etc!!! LOL Thanks!

18. Trish and Bonnie @ Uncommon says:

Love this!! what a way to set the mood for cooler weather!! ;)