Christmas Walk Thru 2011

Good morning,

I don’t know about you, but I enjoy looking at all the posts that show how everybody has decorated their homes for the holidays.  While I don’t have multiple, glamorous shots of every room I have decorated,  I thought I’d show you a few pictures that I’ve taken.

This is the mantel before the stockings were hung.  Go here to see more of this display.

Using what I already have, I tweaked it to create somewhat of a “homespun” feel this year.

This antique wash bin was given to me by my late mother-in-law and has a variety of functions throughout the year.  Right now, it is a catch-all for my throws.

These stockings were made by my grandmother.  Every child, grandchild, great-grandchild, and great-great grandchild received one from her.  Pretty amazing to count how many she made over the years before she passed away.  A lot!
Next year I’m going to paint the curtain rod and stocking holders an antique bronze so they blend in with my mantel.  I think the silver is a distraction but it is what I had and I didn’t have time to change it up this year.

This is our “advent calendar.”  My kids have been making this paper chain since they were little.  My three daughters are now 17, 20 and 22 but Cassidy still makes this with Joey every year.  Inside is a fun daily Christmas activity such as play Christmas hangman, watch a movie, make cookies, etc…

This is our den.  Simply decorated with green and silver.

The entry way.

This is the dining room at night.

That’s it.  Nothing too grand, but nonetheless, it is festive and comfortable.

Linking to:

The Inspired Room

Nester’s Tour Of Homes

BNOTP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share/Bookmark

Comments

1. The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ says:

so warm…so cozy…so inviting…so beautiful…thank you so much for opening your home to us — sending you a virtual batch of cheese cake brownies as i visit! : ) sending holiday hugs…

2. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

it looks so awesome and warm- i especially love that mantle- LOVE it!

3. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

it looks so awesome and warm- i especially love that mantle- LOVE it!

4. Your decorating is lovely. I had to laugh when I saw your Oregonian newspaper box. I grew up in Oregon and my Grandmother's delivery box looked just like that!

5. www.johnniesjunk.blogspot.com says:

Your living room and den look so cozy. Love the stockings and the rustic details! You really know how to pull everything together!

6. Lisha @ 1house1couple says:

oh my gosh! I love love love it ALL!!!

Okay, let me try to pick my favorites:

-the mantle
    -the Oregonian and the snowman :)
    -the old wood Napa Soda crate with pine cones in it

All of it is lovely! Can I live there?

~Lisha

7. Funky Junk Interiors says:

What a lovely home you have! Oh my that coffee table and display is amazing! Your entire living room looks so nicely put together. Love all the natural touches. :)

Donna

8. Carlene @ Organized Clutter says:

I like your curved front cabinet and pinecones/box display!

9. abeachcottage says:

You have such a beautiful home. Love the cozy feel to your den/living room :)

10. Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse says:

LOVE your home! It all looks so cozy and homey. Made me want to curl up on your couch with a cup of hot chocolate if front of a blazing fire in your fireplace. :)

11. ok i want to live in your house ;). ha ha merry merry

12. Kammy Wielenga says:

makes me wish I had decorated more!!! Such a Cozy, Christmasy feel you got goin' on! Love it!

13. Miss Charming says:

You have such a beautiful living room. I like all your homespun touches but my favorite is the awesome coffee table with the cool vignette on top. Absolutely love it.

14. beautiful!