Upstairs Linen Closet Makeover

Happy Monday!

Did you get a lot done this weekend?  I did a lot, but most of it wasn’t post material.  However, I did clean out the upstairs linen closet that the kids use.  It is really small, so my options were pretty limited.

Unfortunately, the closet is in the hallway so I did not have enough clearance to take a full shot of the entire closet.  Not much I can do about that!

Here are pictures that I was able to get.  Originally, the closet had everything piled up on the shelves. I just added some baskets and fun laminated tags to help keep it a little bit more organized.

Just a few, everyday cleaning items are kept in the closet so the kids can easily get to them as needed.   Yeah…don’t wake me up from my dream.  :)

Extra pillows on the top shelf.

This is the best full-length picture I could get.

And here is a tip that I’m sure most of you may already do, especially if you are pinners…

When storing your sheet sets, fold them and store the entire set in one of the matching pillow cases.

When you need a clean set of sheets, you just grab the pillow case and go – no need to try and match up the pieces as you rummage through your closet.  All you need to make your bed is inside the pillow case.

As you can see, I do not iron my sheets and pillow cases. I did that as a kid and it was the one thing that I swore I’d never do as an adult. Ok, one of many things. ;)

Love your home,

SATURDAY
Funky Junk Interiors
Be Different Act Normal
SUNDAY
Homemaker On A Dime

Whisperwood’s First Project of the Year Party

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. I'm seriously jealous! Can you come over?

2. Laura @ Our Prairie Home says:

Wanna come do my linen closet now? LOL! Fantastic! Never heard of the pillow case thing. Great idea! I'll do that… When I get around to organize it. HA HA HA! :D

3. So glad you shared about the keeping the sheet sets together. I have 3 separate piles going in my linen cupboards. I think I just might have to borrow this idea for my kids too. I also love the blankets you have. They all look so cozy!

4. Korrie@RedHenHome says:

I don't know why, but the "return to closet" tag makes me laugh…but it's so smart!

5. Your closet looks great! Those tags are adorable, and I love the idea of using the basket. Cute! But mostly? I just want to grab one of those cozy blankets!

6. This looks fantastic! Love the little note on the cleaning crate to return back to closet. :) Great ribbon! Come do my linen closet next? :)

Would love for you to visit me over @ toddlindsey.com

7. cathhasablog@gmail.com says:

So fresh and organized! You've inspired me!

Cath @ Home is Where my Heart is

8. Kammy's Korner says:

not in a million years will one of my closets ever look that put together!!!! Unless of course it was visited by Shari – So when can you come over and helpppppppp meeeeeeee?! :)

9. Love how your entire closet matches! Great work!

10. OK so when can I expect you at my house to clean up my closet?? lol Just kidding,[not really] great job its so pretty! Thanks for sharing this motivational posting:)) Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

11. Olive Cooper says:

It is organized and pretty. It is nothing like mine.

12. L'Heure Bleue At Home says:

The linen closet looks so pretty and organized! Love the cheerful ribbon accents.

13. Happily A Housewife says:

I redid our linen closet last April and it still makes me happy every time I open it!

I love the tags and ribbons! Very cute.

Samantha

14. Happily A Housewife says:

Oh and I am your newest follower and can't wait to continue reading!

15. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

Oh, come on! lol You're making me look bad. That looks like magazine material to me. With a husband, and two teen sons, my closet would look like that for about three hours. I can dream though.

16. super closet! Oh my! :) I've been doing the sheet thing for years, and I LOVE it!
    gail

17. This is really cute! I needed this big time! My linen closet is a disaster area. Thanks for the cute idea

18. Northwest Texas says:

You really did a wonderful job on the closet. Your personal touches are adorable. I envy your sense of organization. Thanks for sharing this with us.

19. Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com says:

Thanks for linking! I have been organizing my linen closet this week too. I love your labels…then you know where everything goes. It looks great!

20. I have those same wicker baskets and made similar tags with various snippets of black and white ribbons. I can't tell you how happy it makes me every time I open that closet door. great job!

21. Honey at 2805 says:

Thank you for sharing this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday!

22. Honey at 2805 says:

Thank you for sharing this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday!

23. Joselyn @ The DIY Spot says:

That is one handsome linen closet! It must make you smile every time you open it.

24. Renee @ Rustic Crafts says:

Oh my – this has motivated me to do a little —no a lot! – of cleaning of my closets! This looks fantastic! I would love to have you share this at my link party over at Rustic Crafts – http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=4689

25. Can you please come to my house and do this for me? This is such a showcase that I think I would keep the door open all the time :-) I am off to buy some canvas bins to attempt this in part!

I am having a digital scrapbook software giveaway – if interested, stop by!

26. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says:

Way too pretty for a closet! You may have to leave the door open! Thanks for joining the party!

27. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says:

28. Michele Alger says:

love how it turned out! i had truly NEVER heard of storing sheets that way! you just changed my sheet folding life!! thanks a million ;0)

29. Vintage Home says:

wow you have beat me hands down…this is so inspiring…you sure have pretty stuff!
    I am going to run upstairs now & get some work done!

30. I just love this closet. I will be featuring it tonight at my Winter Blues Wednesday party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks so much.

31. Looks like a high end boutique

32. Love this! You have inspired me to tackle mine! Just pinned it. I am jealous of your many, textured yummy throws and I thought that the TP organization was genius! I have one of those-now I know what to do with it. Thanks so much!
    Have a happy week!!
    Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.blogspot.com

33. Savannah Roberts says:

Where could I find those Blanket?!

34. Great organization! Love it! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

35. Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside says:

So organized! If you open my linen closet, you'd probably have to run for cover LOL! Thanks for the great tips!

36. G Inspires says:

It looks great! Love the tags and baskets! But really love the Toilet Paper crate! Thanks for sharing, visiting via Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop

37. great idea about the sheets/pillowcases!

38. Maury Kilgo says:

This is definitely a project on my list! I have a linen closet that's just about the same size and it's so disorganized! Great job!

39. Can you come over and organize my closet? haha. Wow, it looks great.

40. such a pretty and inspiring blog! I can't wait to snazz up my linen closet now!

41. Calypso In The Country says:

So many great ideas. I love baskets with the tags on them. Everything looks so pretty.
    -Shelley

42. Is it wrong that I am in love with your linen closet?!?! =) Your newest Linky Follower here!! Off to check out the rest of your blog.

43. free standing closet says: