DIY: Glass Bottle Makeover

Good morning everyone.

Today I just wanted to show you a little bottle makeover I did earlier this week – just for fun.

I save cool bottles just in case I get a crazy idea and throughout football season and the holidays, I acquired quite a few Winking smile (Bottles, that is.  Not crazy ideas.)

Yes…many of my bottles are courtesy of Crown Royal, Pendleton, Cabana Bay, and local vineyards. Although I rarely consume, I love the packaging!  Sort of like picking a favorite football team because of their uniforms – which I certainly DO NOT do!

Anyhow, in the past, I’ve wrapped jute around them, embellished them, sprayed them with chalkboard paint, and so on..  but this time I wanted to do some vintage glam – something you might find at Pottery Barn.

IMG_5525
IMG_5522
Although I removed the label from the top, the wording on this bottle is actually raised lettering that could not be removed.  However, sanding the bottle worked perfectly.

After I cleaned it up, I sprayed it with a metallic bronze spray paint.

IMG_5523

I then started to work away with ASCP in Provence. This shows the first coat but I ended up doing two coats.

IMG_5524
I then got my 80 sanding block and started distressing the raised areas, sanding down to only the metallic paint in some areas and all the way down to the glass in others.

IMG_5527
IMG_5530
IMG_5532

I used dark wax to create a light patina.

I also  chose to leave the lid metallic, but with the same distressing.

IMG_5526
IMG_5536

I can see a really cool monogram or stencil right in the middle, can’t you?  My daughter really likes this color so she will be taking this home with her.  I’ll let the new owner decide about a stenciled embellishment.

Be inspired,

Fireflies and Jellybeans
Primitive and Proper
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Restore Interiors
Primp
Its Overflowing
domestically speaking: power of paint party
blue cricket design

SUNDAY
My1929Charmer: Sunday Best
Homemaker On A Dime
 Sisters of the Wild West – Sister Sunday Link Party

Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
Under The Table And Dreaming

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share/Bookmark

Comments

1. Twice Nice says:

Way to think outside the box! Love this idea. And that bottle is so gorgeous she deserved to be re-dressed!

2. Miss Kitty says:

That looks great! Thanks so much for showing us how to turn trash to treasure.

3. Sheer Serendipity says:

I would never think of painting the entire bottle and distressing it! Just beautiful!

4. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) says:

Now how clever. This is gorgeous. I love the idea. Hugs, Marty

5. OMG that is fabulous! What a creative idea!!

6. Great idea. Never ever would I have thought to paint some cool glass alcohol bottle. I better finish one off so I can paint it! (Maybe I better paint it before I finish it off?).

~Bliss~

7. Wendy @HerBallistic Garden says:

This is a fantastic look for that bottle! I love it! xo wendy

8. What a wonderful project! I have been saving up some bottles & this would be a perfect project :) Coming over from Finding Fabulous Frugalicious Friday

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Lynda

9. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

what a great idea, and i just happen to have tons of empty liquor bottles! kidding. ;)

10. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

11. I'm your newest linky follower from TDC-stop by for a visit!

12. how pretty!

13. I had no idea you could do this type of thing to glass. I need to get me some Crown Royal! I absolutely love this.

14. Brilliant! I just found you from Donna's link up party at Funky Junk. Hmmm… now I just need to start drinking, or hang around with you! ;))

15. Love this. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

16. You are very clever! Wonderful idea, I have some bottles that need the brush. Thanks for the idea!

17. Jennifer @ Town and Country Living says:

It's beautiful. I love this. Nice color, too.

18. Hello Shari!

You have done a spectacular job on this bottle project. I have trouble parting with bottles (and cans) but would never had come up with such a great transformation as you did. Thank you for sharing your creativity!

Kindly, Lorraine

19. Karen Hueschen says:

I love all your stuff!!! This bottle is really cool…I have a bunch of the new bud light bottles ( I salvaged from my friends trash!) which are this beautiful cobalt blue I am cleaning in the sink right now! I love this idea …have to see if I know anyone who drinks crown royal! Thanks for all the great inspiration….I HAVE to make one of these!!!

20. Artsy VaVa says:

The bottle turned out great! Following you via Linky. Stop by and see me sometime!

21. Cre8ive Motives says:

Very creative. Need to try this, thanks for sharing.

Mandy

22. Grannys Attic says:

I love it, very pretty! Thanks for sharing! Vicky

23. This is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! I love this idea. I am going to do this to a bottle we have when they are done.

24. Lisa ~ The SweetTalk Shop says:

This is awesome!!!! What a fantastic idea!!!
    Would love for you to link up at my linky party going on right now on http://www.thesweettalkshop.com

25. Kristen Turner says:

That is so pretty! We don't drink any alcohol but I'm sure I could use some other bottles. Some salad dressing bottles have really cool shapes too.

26. That is brilliant! Love it, thanks for sharing.

27. Brilliant! I am always trying to find cool jars to decorate but I never thought of things like Crown Royal jars…I bet I could really jazz up the maple syrup bottle I have lying around…

28. That is so great! I love it!!

29. Great Idea. I don't drink but I have a Crown Royal bottle at home I was wanting to do something with but disguise it so I don't look like a booser if you know what I mean. I may have to try this. Thanks for the idea.

30. Jennifer @ The Brilliant Crafty Type says:

Love it! Looks amazing!

31. Love, love, love this! I don't drink, but I'll be keeping my eye out for interesting looking bottles. I'd love for you to share this at my link party tomorrow.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

32. Christina at I Gotta Create! says:

It's fantastic!! Very vintage and beautifully done. Bravo!!

33. It's just perfect, all I can say! I just love your work:))
    Sibel-ish.blogspot.com from Turkey:)

34. Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch says:

Too cool, I have never seen chalk paint on glass. It really looks awesome. I'm a new linky follower, thanks so much for linking up to cowgirl up.

35. Liz @ Here's to Handy Andy says:

Wow, that looks great! I would love for you to share at our linky party! http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/2012/02/pinteresting-link-party-week-28.html

36. Steph @ Crafting in the Rain says:

That's really lovely–great job!

37. Kammy's Korner says:

*gasp*
    I love it!

38. Who knew a bottle of crown could be so pretty? Nice work. Color is perfect.

39. The Stuff of Success says:

What a great job. I love it. Feel free to link up to the Success U Party at TheStuffofSuccess! Have a great week. Athena

40. Brittany Dalberg says:

I feel really dumb…but what is "ASCP in Provence." Is that the brand and color of paint?

41. Special 'K' says:

Its magnificent. How very clever you are. I love it! I am so excited to find and follow new special places. I have no doubt I will enjoy engaging and supporting this wonderful space you have created. Thank you for sharing, I am so glad to meet you. I hope you will find some time to come visit me soon. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

42. Great idea and what a wonderful look you created with the paint. Very pretty.Thanks for the tutorial.

43. This is just a great idea. Love the finish bottle – and the color is beautifl as well.

Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" linky party here:

44. Janice@GypsyFarmGirl says:

I love everything about this bottle! My husband will not throw away any bottles, so now I know what I can do with them!

45. Jennifer~My Vintage Bliss says:

Love this idea ~ I have some bottles I may need to try this on. I never thought about painting them. Thanks for the great inspiration!!

46. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here says:

I never would have guessed a liquor bottle could be so pretty! Great idea. Thanks for linking to the Open House party. xo, Sherry

47. trumatter says:

WOW. WOW. Wait, how? Im reading it again. Fantastic. Such a beautiful transformation. I love it. btw, what is ASCP? A kind of paint? Im sorry, Im from India and I dont know what that is. Would you kindly let me know?

48. JunqueMagnet says:

Wicked clever! Looks awesome. Love how you layered with ASCP. Thanks for sharing.

49. Cristiana says:

This is so amazing!! I am gonna try this, I am addicted to ASCP! Thanks for sharing!

50. Cristiana says:

ASCP is Annie Sloan Chalk Paint! if you goggle it you will find her website and lots of great stuff you can do with it. I hope this helps.

51. Cristiana says:

ASCP is Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Provence is the color!

52. Beth @ Free Stylin' says:

What a great idea! This makes me want to snatch up all the sad bottles I see at Goodwill and give them a reason to live. Thanks!

53. Saleena says:

How cool is this?? Never would have thought to to something like this. It looks fabulous :] Visiting from saleena.blogspot.com :]

54. Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made says:

Just beautiful! The bronze paint underneath really makes this a stand out piece with the chalk paint!

55. Heaven's Walk says:

Great repurposing project! Love it! :)

xoxo laurie

56. Lauryn Clemmer says:

seriously you amaze me. i saw this link through a link party. when it brought me to your page i thought, oh of course it's turnstyle vogue. she's fabulous!! and you are. i would love for you to add this to my new link party… spreading the love. please go check it out if you are interested!
    {love} lauryn @ love notes by lauryn

57. Honey at 2805 says:

What a fabulous repurpose! It's now a piece of art! Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

58. Honey at 2805 says:

59. Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} says:

Wow!!! This looks like an antique!!! I love it! I have a project party every weekend if you would like to join and link up your great ideas! http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/03/project-party-weekend-pretty-striped-pencils-tutorial.html
    I hope you will come! xoxo-Rachel

60. At The Picket Fence says:

That looks so fantastic!! Totally vintage and so cool. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

61. This is such a great idea! I haven't tried painting glass, but now I definitely want to do that. I'm a new follower from the Potpourri Party. Hope you might follow back.
    CAS

62. miss flibbertigibbet says:

I already fix up wine bottles but obviously I need to expand my drinking habits!! LOL I'm a new follower! Hope you'll visit me and follow back!
    Lorraine

63. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says:

Paint makes everything better!

64. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says:

Paint makes everything better!

65. Very creative way to recycle! I love it.

66. SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime says:

Hi, Shari! This is this week's favorite post for the week and you'll be featured tomorrow during the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Thanks for joining the party and please feel free to grab the feature button.

67. What a great project. Did you use a glass paint or regular spray paint?

68. This is soooo COOL!! LOVE it!!

69. That is very pretty – I could find lots of bottles to do this with! I wouldn't have thought of it on my own! Thank you for linking up to my Creative Inspirations party – I am so glad you came by! I would love for you to come back this week to link up again!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

70. lauren @ West Furniture Revival says:

great idea! Absolutely love it

71. amazing makeover on that bottle! :) Love the color.
    thanks for linking up to catch as catch can!
    gail

72. Anonymous says:

What does ASCP stand for?

73. KathyinFL says:

What kind of dark wax and where do I find it?

74. Jen @ The Social Home says:

Looks amazing!! Never would have guessed that was a CR bottle!!!

75. Love this~looks great!

76. Charm Bracelet Diva says:

I love this! Thanks for he great idea (now I just have to find me some empty whiskey bottles lol….) Stopping by from Craft Gossip! I'm your newest follower. Perhaps you'll stop by sometime and say hello? Have a great weekend!

xoxo
    Kathleen

77. Anonymous says:

What type of paint is ASCP? Is that a brand?

78. I love this.. and I just happen to have one of those bottles even though I dont drink the stuff. I’ve never used ASCP before though.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Glass Bottle Makeover – this is, hands down, my most popular post. Too funny! [...]

2. [...] Over at the blog Turnstyle Vogue Shair shared her tutorial on how to give a Crown Royal bottle a “royal” makeover. [...]