Good morning and Happy End-Of-The-Week!
I’ve mentioned a couple of times that I’m working on a client’s guest bedroom – complete from top to bottom. I will of course have a lot of pictures for you when it is completed but for now, I want to show you this fun lamp I did for the room.
I started out with a basic white drum shade and decided to add some whimsy to it in the form of stripes and a dragonfly.
1) I taped it off using the tape as my measuring tool for the top and bottom stripes. Once the inside stripes were taped off, I removed the tape from the top and bottom.
4) For contrast with the design, I wanted to use something organic rather than yarn for the dragonfly. I had some jute string on hand but it ended up being to thick to work with without possibly damaging the shade.
5) I switched to twine and it worked perfectly using a basic embroidery stitch.
6) I love how it turned out. The juxtaposition of the twine against the metallic silver is just what I wanted. The perfect balance.
7) I debated on which base to use with the shade but I think this one wins out vs. a traditional wood base. What do you think?
I will be working on the room this weekend. The wood floors are installed, the walls are painted. I will be working on the focal wood wall this weekend and hope to have some work-in-progress pictures for you next week.
Cowgirl Up! at Crafty Texas Girls
HOme Savvy A To Z
The Southern Institute:Creative Me Monday
Everything Under The Moon – Bedazzle Me Monday
More the Merrier at DIY Home Sweet Home
Get Your Craft On – Today’s Creative Blog
Debbie Do’s Newbie Party
Crafts Keep Me Sane at Keeping It Simple
Home Stories A To Z
Time To Shine at Diamond In The Stuff
How To Nest For Less
Thrifty Decor Chick – First Monday of Every Month
A Bowl Full of Lemons
DIY By Design
Trash 2 Treasures at Kammy’s Korner
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Elizabeth & Co.
Not Just A Housewife
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
House of Grace – Twice Owned Tuesday
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
domestically speaking: power of paint party
blue cricket design
Love Notes By Lauryn
The Brambleberry Cottage
Saved By Suzy
No Minimalist Here – Open House Party
My Repurposed Life
beyond the picket fence
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
A Glimpse Inside
house of hepworths
Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Frugalicious Fridays at Finding Fabulous
Fingerprints On The Fridge
Chic On A Shoestring
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Tater Tots and Jello
stuff and nonsense
Funky Junk Interiors
The DIY Showoff
Be Different Act Normal
My1929Charmer: Sunday Best
Homemaker On A Dime
Sisters of the Wild West – Sister Sunday Link Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things