Have you made plans for the holiday weekend?
For many (and I do mean many) years we have spent every Memorial Day weekend at a ballpark, soccer field, or volleyball court for tournaments. This weekend is no different but for those of you who are looking for some ideas to spend the weekend, maybe these will jump start your planning:
- Clean your grill and fire it up! Think salmon, tri-tip, and pork ribs. Grill your vegetables and one of my favorites…grill pineapple rings then drizzle a little honey and cinnamon on them.
- Stash a vintage picnic basket with some fried chicken and other favorites and get out of town. Don’t forget those fresh, out-of-the-oven, cookies!
- Have a dessert and wine exchange one night with a group of friends.
- Let your kids invite friends over for a S’more party around the firepit.
Get the family, and friends, together and have some fun. Oh, and don’t forget the main ingredient: trash talk…
- Sand Volleyball
- Or put together a scavenger hunt either at home, or around the town in which you live.
Go watch a baseball game
Whether it be the Major Leagues or Cal Ripken, you can’t beat the environment of a good ball game.
Go for a hike
- I’m confident that anyone can find a good hiking trail within a couple of hours from home. Go explore!
– in a campground or in your own backyard!
- or hit some garage sales if that is more up your alley.
Hang out at the beach
- Build a sandcastle
- Fly a kite
- Play some volleyball
- Hunt the tide pools
Go to the movies
Men In Black III 3D opens on Friday
- The Top 10 Box Office movies are
Marvel’s The Avengers
What to Expect When You’re Expecting
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
The Hunger Games
Think Like a Man
The Lucky One
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Have a movie night at home
- We just bought The Grey, but haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. Have you seen it yet? What did you think?
Go to a local festival, event, or air show
- Here, we have the famous Rose Festival in Portland.
Remember those who served by visiting a cemetery or memorial.
Just be sure to take some time off and have some fun no matter what you choose to do! Work will be there waiting for you on Tuesday.