I don’t know about you, but my thoughts are still focused on Friday’s tragedy that I’m finding it difficult to be as productive as I need to be right now. However, I’m trying hard and getting things crossed off my list.
You may know by now that I love to do tablescapes,such as my Christmas scape from last December (remember those skiis?) Part of that includes fun folds for my linen napkins. Today I have another step-by-step tutorial on how to create a snowflake fold.
It is a fold that can also be called a “flower” fold or a “star” fold.
Whatever floats your boat and serves its purpose.
First, let me acknowledge that there are a lot of pictures but don’t let that discourage you. This is a really easy fold, I just wanted to make sure I showed each step – and then some
Second, it is a beautiful fold and adds “dimensional drama” to your table. It looks as though you are using more than one napkin.
Third, the pretty hands you see in the pictures belong to Cassidy. My hands were too busy taking the pictures – and they aren’t that pretty!
So let’s get started…
1. Start out with a wrinkle-free square linen napkin.
2. Fold all corners to the center.
3. Now fold all four corners to the center again.
4. Holding the center, flip the napkin over.
5. Fold the four corners to the center one final time.
6. While holding the center, place your hand underneath and grab the open edge of the napkin.
7. Pull the corner out, working your way around.
8. Now, place your hand underneath the side and grab the open corner of the napkin.
9. Pull the corner so that it is exposed, but do not pull it all the way out. The fold should remain.
10. You now have your snowflake.
Use a red napkin and perhaps it is a Poinsettia?
Or another flower with the textured green?
Or a Christmas star?
Formal New Year’s Eve attire with black and a crystal embellishment?
However you choose to use them…
Whatever you choose to call them…
They are PERFECT for the season, or anytime of the year.
In case you want to mix it up, or set more than one tablescape for the holidays, here are the other tutorials for these five napkin folds:
Oh…and remember my hand model? I caught her giving the pooch a smooch as soon as I left the room.
Sure is hard to find good help these days.
DIY By Design
My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Elizabeth & Co.
Not Just A Housewife
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
domestically speaking: power of paint party
From My Front Porch To Yours
The Brambleberry Cottage
No Minimalist Here – Open House Party
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps On The Porch
My Repurposed Life
beyond the picket fence
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
house of hepworths