I have a deeeelicious dessert to share with you today.
I grew up with this and probably make it once or twice a month as it is a family favorite.
Forget about any New Year’s Resolution.
Well, don’t forget about it, just don’t worry about it. We are all entitled to treat ourselves once in a while.
And this does have peaches
Step by step (and I am not kidding when I say this is easy…)
- 1/2 cup butter in a deep baking dish.
2. Combine the following:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup milk
3. Pour the batter over the melted butter – BUT DO NOT STIR!
- One 29 oz. can of peaches(do not drain) over the batter – BUT DO NOT STIR! I prefer to use peaches packed in syrup, rather than water, but both will work.
5. It should look like this…
6. Bake at 350° for one hour until it looks like this… (if you choose to double the recipe, then increase baking time by 15-20 minutes.)
7. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then enjoy.
Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream!
My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Elizabeth & Co.
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
From My Front Porch To Yours
The Brambleberry Cottage
No Minimalist Here – Open House Party